489-S Series Patchbay Programming Instructions
How to Change the Programming for a Circuit on a 489-S Series Patchbay:
- Remove the top designation strip.
- Find your desired configuration in the diagram above (a larger image is available in the downloadable instructions).
- Arrange the programming shunts to match the appropriate diagram. Note: Each circuit can be programmed independently.
- Ample shunts are provided with every patchbay. Red shunts are placed horizontally and are used for normalling. White shunts (shown as light gray above) are placed vertically and are used for grounding.
- The circuits are numbered 1–24 and correspond to vertical jack pairs reading left to right.
- For the internal programming, unscrew the screws along the top edges and take off the patchbay dust cover. Locate the Internal PCB Boards inside, which are right behind the back of the jacks (for a better view, turn the rear of the patchbay toward you). There are eight PCB Boards; each one holds three circuits.
- Depending on the Normal/Grounding configuration you want for each circuit, choose Internal Programming Diagram A, B or C from the blue box in the downloadable instructions and program accordingly, using the same red and white shunts.
- Replace the patchbay dust cover and designation strips.